Posted by Kim Leonard
And then there were five- our top 5 finalists have been selected for the Create Here Business Plan Competition. They’re all amazing and I’m so excited to share them with you here:
- Char– Currently established in Visalia, this café of epicurean treats is looking to expand into Downtown Fresno.
- House of Pendragon and Pita Kabob– Already a popular local craft beer brewer, House of Pendragon is teaming up with popular Visalia gastropub Pita Kabob to bring a tasting room and restaurant to downtown Fresno.
- Papa Steve & Nienna- This retailer will offer custom made home furnishings and accessories, many of which will be made in-store.
- Raw Fresno- The food truck that makes its way around Fresno almost every day of the week with fresh, raw, vegan, gluten-free, organic food will open a café location.
- Tree of Life Café- Tree of Life Café is a fresh farm-to-table, home-cooked comfort food establishment, serving and showcasing the agricultural products raised in Fresno County.
People’s Choice voting will take place online at www.downtownfresno.org/vote today through October 9th at 5pm. This vote will be taken into account by the panel of judges when selecting a winner and will determine the People’s Choice winner, who will receive $500 Cash. People’s Choice winner will be announced on October 9th, but you’ll have to sit tight until late October for the winner of the competition. (We’ve purposely given ourselves a little wiggle room in case we need more time for lease agreements, ties, or duking it out in the conference room over who the winner should be.)
For more information about what this business plan competition is all about, visit www.downtownfresno.org/foundation.