Running a restaurant is tough work and we want to give our local restaurateurs a break. On Monday, June 1, 2015, applications opened for the Downtown Fresno Foundation’s inaugural Restaurant Makeover competition.
The competition is open to all restaurants within the Downtown Fresno Partnership district that have been in business for a minimum of one year.
The winner will receive a $25,000 prize package that includes:
- $2,500 cash prize to pay for materials and supplies (Downtown Fresno Partnership)
- 5 hours of interior design consultation services to create a concept design (Core Business Interiors)
- Drywall services and design/cosmetic consultation including the space, layout of the floorplan, and aesthetics (Custom Drywall)
- Custom TV scheduling and digital ad campaign on YourCentralValley.com, production of a TV commercial, interviews on Central Valley Today, and promotions on show and station Facebook page (KSEE24)
- Full suite of marketing/branding including creation of a brand image; Logo design; Website design including 6 months maintenance, SEO, training on website maintenance; promotional post card design; Creation of social media presence; Custom social media graphics; 3 months social media maintenance; 2 hours social media training; Menu design; Table tent card design; Business card design (Luxe Creative Strategies)
- Flooring options (Innovation Commercial Flooring)
- Exterior renovation grant to improve storefront façade or signage
- Public relations campaign and coaching assistance (Collins Communications)
- Media support from CTD Network with Fig Productions
The winner will be evaluated on three criteria: People’s Choice online voting, scoring by a panel of judges, and ability to meet program requirements (including creation of a Downtown Fresno-themed menu item).
There are over 30 eligible restaurants in the district, many of whom are family owned.
Interested on learning what restaurants will be competing for this makeover? Visit our for updates and information about contestants. The Restaurant Makeover winner will be announced July 15th, 2015.
Prizes for the winners are generously donated by local businesses including Luxe Creative Strategies, Collins Communications, Core Business Interiors, CTD Network with Fig Productions, Custom Drywall, KSEE 24, Next Generation Philanthropy, and the Downtown Fresno Partnership.
Downtown Fresno Restaurant Makeover is a program of the Downtown Fresno Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to improving our community by developing projects, programs and activities that support economic development, revitalization and community engagement within Fresno’s central business district.